Who doesn’t love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?!
Well, we created a high-protein peanut butter spread that you can use in your peanut butter sandwiches. It is vegan friendly using the Bare Performance Nutrition Vegan Protein Powder and is absolutely delicious!
- ¾ cup (200g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 ¼ cups (150g) peanut flour
- 3 scoops (100g) Peanut Butter Vegan Protein Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt (optional)
- 2 cups milk or water (I used water, milk would be fine as well)
- ¼ cup sugar free maple syrup (optional but delicious!)
*DO NOT sub the Vegan protein for regular Whey Protein. The Vegan Protein absorbs much more liquid to make it a thick peanut butter consistency. If you use whey, you will need to reduce liquid.
**It will be tough to mix all together. I mixed by hand in a large bowl, but you could also mix it all together in a food processor. Heating up the peanut butter in the microwave slightly will make it mix easier.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Mix well. It will be very thick and relatively difficult to mix together. Alternatively you can blend everything together in a food processor.
- Once thoroughly mixed and smooth, add to a sealed tupperware container or jar. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Add to oatmeal, pancakes, toast, or anything you’d normally enjoy peanut butter on!
Yield: 32 servings (30g, 2 tbsp. each)
Nutrition (per 2 tbsp. serving): 70 calories, 7 protein, 3 carbs, 4 fat, 1 fiber, 1 sugar