For the Protein Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer
- 1/2 cup (60g) all purpose flour
- 2 scoops (80g) BPN Milk N’ Cookies Whey Protein Powder
- 3 tbsp. (42g) coconut flour
- 1 cup (120g) Swerve confectioner’s sweetener*
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup (128g) peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (112g) light butter**
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
For the Protein Chocolate Ganache Layer
This recipe is higher in calories. It still uses healthy ingredients and is packed with protein, but not necessarily a low calorie recipe. As always, adjust to fit your needs!
*I used Swerve sugar free sweetener which measures 1:1 with sugar. You can omit the sweetener if you feel they are already sweet enough from the protein powder, or you can sub a healthier sugar such as raw sugar or coconut sugar.
**Light butter has just 4 grams of fat per tablespoon compared to 11 grams in regular butter. It can be found in the grocery with the regular butter. If you prefer, you can use regular butter or even coconut oil, but it will increase fat/calories.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix all dry cookie layer ingredients in a large bowl: flour, milk & cookies whey protein, coconut flour, and sugar free confectioners sweetener.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, peanut butter, light butter, and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Fold together until a smooth, thick cookie dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line a 5×9 glass baking dish with parchment and spray with nonstick spray. Pour cookie dough batter into the dish and press down to evenly fill the dish.
- Bake at 350F for about 18 minutes. THe center should still be gooey and a little bit undercooked. This will keep the bars moist, gooey, and delicious. You are welcome to cook more, but be careful not to overcook and dry them out.
- Once cooked, let completely cool at room temperature while you make the chocolate protein ganache topping.
- Heat chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and microwave for another 30 seconds or until melted. Add half & half and stir until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder, and chocolate protein powder to melted chocolate mixture. Mix well until smooth and creamy. Pour protein chocolate ganache over top of the cooled cookie bars. Place in the fridge to chill for about an hour.
- Cut into 8 bars and enjoy!
Yield: 8 bars
Nutrition (per bar w/ chocolate ganache): 340 calories, 21 protein, 23 carbs, 19 fat, 4 fiber, 11 sugar
Nutrition (per bar w/ NO chocolate ganache): 235 calories, 13 protein, 12 carbs, 14 fat, 3 fiber, 4 sugar